Happy New Year! For my first post of 2022, I’m sharing my 2021 year in review. I was inspired by other bloggers that shared theirs, so I thought I would try it too! This is a challenge where you answer 50 powerful questions to help you reflect on the past year. There are also questions to help you prepare for this year too! These questions are from instituteofyou.org. Feel free to try this challenge out for yourselves!
2021 Year In Review
1. What is the most important lesson you learned this year?
I learned to prioritize my mental health. There is so much going on in the world. It is crucial to take time for yourself and disconnect from your environment.
2. What is the best thing that happened?
I graduated with my Associate’s degree in Business Administration!
3. What challenges did you overcome?
I overcame challenges in school, such as taking my time to work hard on my challenging assignments. Also, finding ways to better my mental health and anxiety.
4. What new skills did you learn?
I learned more blog and social media skills such as making videos on TikTok, Reels, Blog graphics, Pinterest idea pins, and more!
5. What did you do for your career growth?
I started taking my blog seriously and posting consistently. I upgraded my resume, cover letter, and media kit for applications. I also applied to many jobs, internships, influencer programs, brand collaborations, and brand ambassadorships!
6. What did you enjoy the most?
I enjoyed creating content for my blog and Instagram throughout the year.
7. What was your favourite moment?
My favorite moment was enjoying my recent holiday break.
8. How did you have fun?
I had fun by listening to music, eating food, relaxing, and having fun with my family.
9. What new habits did you start?
I started a habit of writing a blog post every week.
10. What are you the most proud of this year?
I am proud of graduating as valedictorian with a 4.0 GPA and perfect attendance.
11. What did you learn about yourself?
I learned that I can accomplish a lot more than I thought I could.
12. How did you live by your core values?
I stayed true to myself and my goals. I never gave up on something, even when I or someone else had doubts.
13. How did your relationships (family, friends, work) evolve?
I focused more on myself instead of making more friends. I lost a lot of friends that I made in high school, and I moved on.
14. What was the best decision you took?
Continuing school to get my bachelor’s degree and taking my career/brand more seriously.
15. How did you fail?
I failed by not having a set daily routine. I would have accomplished a lot more if I had.
16. What got in the way of your success?
Again, my daily routine, sleeping schedule, and my financial issues.
17. What would you do differently if you could?
I would wake up and go to sleep earlier. I would also take more pictures of myself and those around me to create memories.
18. How are you different than a year ago?
I have a clearer idea of what I want to do in my life and career than I did a year ago.
19. What did you do for your physical and mental health?
I made doctor’s appointments and got help for my anxiety.
20. Who or what had the biggest impact on your life this year?
The pandemic had an impact on my life this year and last year.
21. What did you let go of?
I let go of people from my past. Also, certain people, I followed on social media such as Twitter and Instagram. It became very toxic.
22. What were the most useful resources you had?
Self-help books/videos, webinars, planners, journals, and following inspiration/ advice accounts on social media.
23. What are you thankful for this year?
I am thankful for staying healthy throughout the year and finishing my first 2 years of school with no issues.
24. What did you leave unfinished?
I left some of my goals unfinished. Some are taking longer than others.
25. What was the best compliment you received?
My professor said many nice things about me when I received my degree, and I was very thankful to her for that.
26. If you were to talk about this year like a story, how would you write it?
I would write about everything that worked this year and what did not. This could help me learn from my mistakes and help others.
27. How do you describe this year in 3 to 5 keywords?
Creative, Inspiring, Tiring, Unpredictable, and Successful.
28. What energized you? what drained you?
What energized me was planning and brainstorming ideas for my life and career. What drained me was working on my assignments and my blog late at night.
29. How kind were you to yourself?
I spent more time on myself. I did what I wanted to do and not what others wanted me to do. I mostly worked on accomplishing my goals.
30. What advice would you give your last-year self?
I would tell myself to create better daily habits and routines. Focus on school and my assignments. Take your blog and career seriously. Prioritize your mental and physical health. Stop reading and listening to the opinions of others. Spend less time on social media. Also, focus on accomplishing your goals.
These are just the first 30 questions of the review! I decided to keep this post short, but there are 20 more if anyone wants to answer them. You can post them to your blog or leave them to yourself. It’s up to you. I can’t wait to read your answers if you decide to share them with others! Again, Happy New Year, and I hope this year is even more successful!
Did you like this post? Make sure to like and follow to keep up with my new content this year. Thanks!
Copyright © 2022 Kadiskreations All Rights Reserved.